Vr General Practitioner Opportunity Available In A Beautiful Coastal Location | Bunbury, Wa
South Bunbury, WA
Forrest Family Practice
We are situated in a lovely coastal location, only 2 hours drive from Perth and close to one of the world’s most renowned wine regions, Margaret River. Established over 20 years ago and seeing up to an average of 350 patients a day, come and run your practice in one of the biggest, busiest medical centres in the Bunbury region. Why not check out our centre video here.
Our centre proudly caters for the public with a wide range of services available onsite.
- General Practice, with special interests in
- Chronic Disease Management
- Family Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Occupational Health
- Nursing Support including Care Plans and Treatment Room
- Imaging and Pathology
- Allied Health and Specialists
As a general outline, you will have the following duties:
- Provide a comprehensive, continuing medical care for individuals, families and the communities through working as a General Practitioner
- Conduct consultations to follow up on simple and complex health conditions.
- Provide a range of health services including prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
- Consult with other health professionals i.e. nurses, specialists, colleagues
- To provide ongoing education, participate in health promotion, conduct research, assist in training of colleagues and other health professionals
- Reporting births, deaths & notifiable diseases to government authorities
- Arranging admission of patients to hospitals if necessary
- Ordering labratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures and interpreting findings to assist in diagnosis
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Medical Degree from an accredited Medical School and post-graduate experience in providing quality appropriate medical care in a General Practice setting.
- Must be prepared to obtain appropriate Australian medical qualifications in general practice
- Must participate in continuing professional development (CPD)
- Must have current CPR certificate
- To be clinically competent in all aspects of primary health care involving children and adults.
- Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Assessed and approved previous experience in general practice medicine
- Must participate in competency assessment as required by registration licensing authority
- The successful applicant will be expected to undertake and display a willingness to attend GP division seminars, post-graduate training and lectures
- Practice your way - Appointments, walk-ins or telehealth consults available based on your preference
- Qualified Nursing support - including Health Assessments and Care Plans
- Team environment - support to help develop your practice from day one
- Short-term agreements available - with flexibility to fit around your lifestyle
- No exclusivity requirement options! – you’ll be able to continue working at your current practice
- Accredited CPD GP webinars available through our dedicated education resource, the Healius Institute
The contract will be a minimum of 1 year, with the potential for this to extend.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: