Lactation Consultant - Monash Women's Mmc
- Leverage your midwifery and people skills in these specialist leadership roles
- Impact the growth and development of our Breastfeeding Services function
- Enviable Professional and Leadership development opportunities available
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of the Health and Care Workers.
About our Women’s Program at Monash Health
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
Monash Women's at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, is Australia’s largest maternity service. As a leading maternity services provider, we offer specialised care for women having complex pregnancies as well as women experiencing low risk pregnancy and parenthood.
About The Role
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic, suitably qualified and experienced Lactation Consultant for our Maternity Services at Monash Medical Centre.
The successful applicant for the Lactation Consultant role will be based at MMC and will be responsible for providing assessment, education and support to all areas of MMC Maternity Services where needed. They will also cross site to attend focus/working groups to help improve/implement changes within Monash Health. They will be responsible for the delivery of evidence based high quality care and education to the women and her partner as well as to their colleagues within the Program. The lactation consultant will be responsible for the ongoing evaluation and auditing to help Monash Health lactation services become more efficient. The Lactation Consultant is responsible for liaising with members of the multidisciplinary team where appropriate. They will be reporting both to internal and external bodies.
We have a fixed term part time opportunity until August 2021 or an ongoing Part Time opportunity.
You are an experienced midwife who has a strong commitment to exceptional care and outstanding outcomes. You will work with your team in all aspects of the service including pregnancy and postnatal care, and will be inspired everyday working with like minded, passionate colleagues who share your values and purpose. You strive toward providing high quality evidence based care as you improve breastfeeding outcomes for women and their babies. You are an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
You are also:
- committed to a leadership and mentoring role
- dedicated to safe best practice and quality care
- committed to delivering woman centred care and advocating for women and their babies
- enthusiastic, compassionate and able to work collaboratively
- excited to be accountable for and managing specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
What you need:
- Relevant qualifications including IBCLC Qualification
- Demonstrated experience aligned to position description
- Current AHPRA registration
- Australian working rights
What we offer:
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills and knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership and project management skills
- mentorship and career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums and conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff subsidised car parking and gym (only where relevant), uniform (only where relevant) and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. Please call Recruitment Services on 9265 2776 for assistance.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Search our Facebook community 'Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Monash Health' to be part of an online group; keep updated with recruitment tips and opportunities at Monash Health.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: