Registered Nurses - Transition To Specialty Practise (Tsp) Mental Health Program
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2020 International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife.
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
About the Transition to Specialty Practise (TSP) Mental Health Nursing Program at Monash Health
We are truly excited to announce for the first time at Monash Health that we are offering a Mental Health TSP program.
Our Mental Health Adult inpatient services provide care and treatment during the critical phase of mental illness until management within the community is a safe option. With a range of therapeutic interventions and programs, both patients and families are able to have support and learn about the impact of mental health diagnosis and develop coping strategies to better manage their recovery in the community.
About The Role
We are seeking Registered Nurses with a minimum of 12 months experience who would like a career pathway into Mental Health nursing.
As a Registered Nurse, you will participate in a structured 18 month program designed to consolidate and expand your career path set to commence in July 2020. The Program will involve 2 rotations, 12 months within the Adult Acute Inpatient Units and a 6 month Specialty rotation. The Specialty rotation is yet to be confirmed and will be decided at a later date.
As part of the TSP Program, you will need to demonstrate a commitment to enrolling into a Masters of Mental Health Nursing within 6 months of commencing. This is a mandatory prerequisite for all Nurses looking to join TSP. At the conclusion of your 18 months, you will be eligible to apply for Mental Health roles across the Monash Health network and further your Career.
Bringing your passion and genuine interest into Mental Health, you understand the complexities of working in this setting. You are a dynamic, key team player and willing to contribute to the continual improvement of your skills and knowledge as a Mental Health practitioner.
You Are Also
• dedicated to safe best practice & quality care
• committed to delivering patient centred care & patient advocacy
• enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
What You Need
• minimum 12 months demonstrated Nursing experience (Grad Year inclusive)
• Current Australian AHPRA nursing registration
• The ability to live and work in Victoria (Australia) without restriction, including ability to obtain all necessary police clearances and a Working with Children Check
• A commitment to enrol in a Masters of Mental Health Nursing.
• Current Victorian WWCC
What We Offer
• Paid study days to support your educational development
• Access to Mental Health Nursing Professional Supervision
• You will be well supported in your new role with internal and external education, whilst contributing to the Transforming Care initiatives across Mental Health
• Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
• Mentorship & career guidance
• Relocation financial support through our salary packaging partner
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Search our Facebook community 'Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Monash Health' to be part of an online group; keep updated with recruitment tips and opportunities at Monash Health.
Apply NOW to join the Transition to Specialty Practise Mental Health Program at Monash Health!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: