2021 Intern Positions
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 1300 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialities, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria’s largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service
About the Role
The role is that of an Intern in within a specialist unit undertaking a core and non-core rotations across a range of disciplines. The term is designed to provide appropriate exposure and experience to enable the doctor to attain the required skills and knowledge for that term in that discipline.
It is expected that Monash Health will have 112 Intern positions in 2021. Monash Health value the need for flexible work arrangements and are supportive of part time job share requests
We offer core rotations in:
- General Medicine
- Surgery (General, Upper GI, Colorectal)
We also offer speciality rotations in:
- Infectious Diseases
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatry (Adult)
- Psychiatry (Aged)
- Psychiatry (Adolescent)
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
If you are looking for a rewarding medical career, join the team at Monash Health and become a Monash Doctor. We are looking for individuals who:
- Genuinely desire a career at Monash Health
- Are dedicated to safe best practice and quality care
- Demonstrate academic, clinical and personal traits that Monash sees as desirable in potential trainees
- Have an unwavering commitment to delivering patient centred care
- Are enthusiastic with a positive attitude to your work, are compassionate and the work collaboratively and effectively in a team
- Are interested in innovative health care and endless research opportunities
What you need:
- A medical qualification from a registered tertiary institution and Registration with the Medical Board of Australia (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
- Appointment to these position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Current Drivers Licence
- All candidates will require Australian working rights.
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- Convenient and safe on site staff car parking
- Discounted financial services
- Partners in Health Insurance
- Discounted gym membership at Healthwise Fitness Centre/Gym
- Smoke free workplace
- Recognition and rewards program
- Cafés and Gift Shops
- Employee support programs including personal coaching and support
- JMO Lounge with study and relaxation facilities
- Health and wellbeing through various JMO forums and group
- Access to state-of-the-art Translational Research Facility (TRF), which co-locates research, clinical and technological platforms
- Professional development courses and seminars
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the work place. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: