Medical Intern - 2021
Bendigo Health Care Group
West Bendigo, VIC
Title: Intern 2021
Hours: 76 hours per fortnight
Status: Full-time Fixed-term commencing 4/01/2021
Would you like to work in an environment that offers a:
- Strong attitude to teaching and supportive staff
- Diverse patient base that are friendly and accepting of people learning
- Excellent clinical exposure and learning opportunities
- 5 or 10 minute commute to get to work
- Dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology
About Bendigo Health
Bendigo Health is a leader in regional health care, combining outstanding services with a strong education, training and personal development culture. With more than 4000 staff we provide health care services to a population of over 306,000 people across the Loddon Mallee Region. At Bendigo Health, we pride ourselves on demonstrating the values of our organisation in our everyday work life - Caring, Passionate & Trustworthy. Our teams are friendly, supportive and thrive on ensuring that we deliver Excellent Care to Every Person, Every Time.
We provide a wide range of general medical, surgical and specialty services including oncology, cardiology, renal, emergency, women’s and children’s, critical care, specialist clinics and mental health services.
Each year our onsite specialist clinics provide almost 95,000 occasions of service, we also see more than 52,000 people in our emergency department and welcome around 1700 babies into the world. The Clinical Operations Division assists with the admission of more than 49,000 patients into the hospital each year.
Why Bendigo Health for internship?
- Good consultant supervision and access to senior support across all disciplines
- Exceptional intern teaching programme and access to simulation training
- Interesting work without being overburdened including access to procedures
- Extensive staff health and wellbeing program
- Friendly team-based care
- 2 year contract availabilities for peace of mind and career planning
- Many consultants have links to other hospitals for networking and references for future training
- In-house courses and conferences to further careers
Bendigo is a thriving regional city with a population of close to 110,000. It has a strong supportive community base with good schools and excellent infrastructure making it an ideal location for families wanting to escape the city. It has fantastic restaurants, shops, cultural precincts, sporting facilities and tertiary facilities making it a great city to live and work.
For further information on the role please refer to the position description and the Intern FAQ. Applications are to be submitted online and addressed to HMO Support Unit.
If successful for a position at Bendigo Health you must provide evidence of your full immunisation record as part of the on boarding process.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: