Occupational Therapist - Grade 2
Community Rehabilitation Program - Angliss Hospital
- Grade 2 - Maternity Leave Cover Part Time
- 3 days/22.8 hours per week until December 2020
- Work close to home & flexible hours
- Take advantage of generous salary packaging benefits
- Work in a friendly & dynamic team
- Progress your career in the public health setting
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and innovative grade two occupational therapist to join the occupational therapy and interdisciplinary team at Angliss CRP, Eastern Health. This 12-month maternity leave position will suit occupational therapists with a clinical background in the provision of goal focussed evidence based time limited rehabilitation services to an adult population. Please refer to the attached job description for further information. Job share will be considered!
- Advanced clinical skills in managing a mixed caseload using a client-centred approach. Experience in the area of neurological rehabilitation ( highly desirable)
- Strong commitment to high quality patient care
- Clinical skills in managing a complex caseload using a client-centred approach.
- High level communication skills, both written and oral, to enable development of a good rapport with clients and staff.
- The organisational skills of a self- starter able to administrate a defined caseload
- Demonstrated ability to participate in innovative practice and quality improvement
You will be required to:
- Triage, assess and manage a set caseload of clients with complex rehabilitation needs.
- Support the Team Leader and team to meet key performance indicators and targets
- Plan & implement client centred occupation focussed rehabilitation
- Deliver a high quality, accessible and coordinated service to our clients both in the client’s home and in the centre.
- Be an active member of the interdisciplinary team.
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
For further information about this great opportunity please contact Kathryn Amerasekera, Senior Clinician OT on 0488 478
488 or Susan Mathai, CRP Team Leader at Angliss Community Rehabilitation Program or 0458 918 050 (Tuesday to Friday).
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: