Registered Nurse - Oncology Unit (As Per Award)
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
East Point, NT
Enjoy a role enabling you to pursue your career goals whilst enjoying a fantastic work/life balance as part of a friendly, regional community.
Ongoing, Part Time, 32.0 hours per fortnight
Great opportunity to progress your career and deliver nursing excellence in this speciality field. Make the change now and enjoy a fantastic regional lifestyle in East Gippsland, a beautiful part of Victoria on the Gippsland Lakes and close to the snowfields.
Deliver holistic high standard care in the management of cancer and medical treatments, ensuring a safe, non-threatening environment for staff, patients and their support person/family. You will provide information and education to a level consistent with informed decision making and actively participate in ongoing education and development of policies and procedures following evidence-based guidelines and treatment administration protocols.
Our Oncology and MADU team provides care to patients in association with the visiting Oncologist, Haematologist and the Internal Medicine Unit (IMU). Care includes administration of systemic anti-cancer therapies (SACT), blood and blood products and other supportive intravenous therapies. The unit also comprises advanced cancer specialist roles to support our delivery of exceptional cancer care nursing.
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA and satisfactory completion of a Nurse Graduate Program
- Minimum 2 years of recent acute nursing experience
- Post graduate study in Cancer care nursing (or commitment to commence upon appointment and complete within 4 years of commencement)
- Well-developed critical thinking and clinical assessment skills
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the special needs of those undertaking cancer and medical infusion treatments including an understanding of the principals involved in treating patients with cancer.
Why should you Apply?
- Great opportunity to work in a growth area
- View a holistic picture of the patient cancer journey whilst participating in the multidisciplinary team patient management
- Enjoy being part of our cohesive team of professionals who embrace challenges, welcome new ideas and embody our trademark behaviours.
- An attractive remuneration package dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing, meal, entertainment and venue hire card and relocation expenses.
- Ongoing paid professional development leave
- Strong quality improvement culture
- Health and Wellbeing program including Employee assistance program and gym membership at corporate rates
For more information contact Kay Stephenson, Nurse Unit Manager, Oncology on 03 5150 3325
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume (including two professional referees) and response to the key selection criteria and be submitted by selecting the Apply Now button below
Applications by close of business: Wednesday 27th May 2020
For information on East Gippsland visit www.visiteastgippsland.com.au.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: