We have an opportunity for a suitably qualified Paediatric Neurologist to join our team. You will diagnose and manage a broad array of neurological disorders in our outpatient clinics, providing comprehensive and compassionate care to the children of Western Melbourne. An interest in epilepsy would be highly regarded. You will provide clinical support and supervision to other professional staff and students. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant services at Western Health and with external partners. Clinical appointment covers outpatient sessions, with a limited on-call consultative service for the inpatient units and Paediatric Emergency Department. Total FTE of 0.2 is available.
You will have well-developed professional communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated commitment to professional development of self and others. You will be actively involved in service development planning, and growing the service to meet the needs of the children of the region. A demonstrated commitment to patient safety, quality improvement, and delivery of evidence-based best care is essential.
To be Successful in this Role you
- You will have recognised qualifications as a Paediatric Neurologist (FRACP)
- You will contribute to a positive organisational culture and role model professionalism with respect to patient dignity and compassion, effective communication, and ethical clinical care.
- You will actively participate in teaching and supervision of Junior Medical Staff, General Paediatricians, and Medical Students.
- You will ensure appropriate and timely documentation of patient care in progress notes and correspondence.
- You will be involved in service evaluation and audits and will be encouraged to be involved in research activities.
Our workforce of over 7,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: