Critical Care Registered Nurse (Grade 2) - Intensive Care Unit
- Be a part of a multidisciplinary team striving for excellence
- Challenge yourself in a mixed adult and paediatric ICU
- Grow and develop your talents and capabilities within a supportive unit with fantastic professional development opportunities
About the facility
The Barwon Health ICU is a 24-bed ICU, providing tertiary critical care services to the Barwon South Western region. The ICU cares for medical, surgical, and cardiothoracic adults, as well as collaborative programs to care for adult ECMO and critically ill children. The ICU unit supplies a central vascular access and critical care echocardiography service to Barwon Health. The ICU is actively involved in clinical research, critical care education for Deakin School of Medicine, and education and training of junior doctors and nurses.
About the role
The Intensive Care Unit have a temporary part time parental leave replacement opportunity within the team. Do you have ICU experience, excellent communication skills and a desire to plan and deliver high quality patient centred care? Do you possess sound clinical knowledge and experience in acute nursing? If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then apply today!
Duties include but not limited to:
- Providing quality patient care using evidence based approach and in line with Barwon Health Policy and Procedure.
- Delivery of consumer centred care that meets best practice standards
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure patients receive quality ongoing care.
About the culture
The Barwon Health ICU strives to achieve a culture of patient-centred care through respect, compassion, commitment, accountability, and innovation. The successful applicant will be supported through leadership training, and professional development planning to help them realise their goals. This culture has created a dynamic environment where high quality care is delivered.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: