Refresher Program - Registered Nurse
About the Role
Western Health is currently seeking applications from experienced and currently Registered Nurses to participate in a 6 week Refresher Program and re-join our acute public hospitals in a supportive environment.
Applicants must have a minimum of 4 years’ post registration experience in an Australian acute care or sub-acute setting, as well as current registration with AHPRA.
The Refresher Program is a 6 week fixed term program, Monday to Friday (at 32 hours per week). Two Refresher programs to run for 6 weeks, Program no 1 - 4th May to 14th June 2020 and Program no 2 - 22 June to 2 August 2020. Participants must commit to attending the 6 week program with an opportunity to be employed in a ward, unit or on our casual bank.
Western Health can offer you:
- A supportive program with ongoing employment opportunities in your area of expertise (part-time or casual)
- Ongoing education and career advancement opportunities
Focus on community engagement and Best Care patient-centred framework
Please Click on the link for more information: https://youtu.be/iR9tV-sEzHU
To be considered, all applicants must:
- eligible to work as a Registered Nurse in Australia
- current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- have a minimum of 4 years' experience working in an acute/sub-acute hospital in Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Are you able to commit to attending the 6 week Refresher Program, Monday to Friday at 32 hours (or 4 days) per week?
- Have immunisation clearance prior to commencement. Further information about the required vaccinations and evidence will be supplied at interview.
Our workforce of over 7,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: