Occupational Therapy Assistant
Occupational Therapy Assistant (505165)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Southern Region
THS - South - MH & Statewide Services
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 05 April, 2020 11:55 PM
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for an Occupational Therapy Assistant (505165) vacancy.
$55,730 to $58,961 pro-rata per annum
Health Services Officer Level 5
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of Employment
Permanent, full-time day work, working 76 hours per fortnight commencing ASAP.
Millbrook Rise, Hobart
- In accordance with mental health care standards, agency policy and direction, legal and ethical requirements and professional competencies, assist in the provision of specialist rehabilitation services based on best practice principles and within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework.
- Under supervision, participate in the referral and assessment process and contribute the care plans assigned to meet the needs of clients.
- Participate in ongoing personal development by taking part in relevant training courses and ongoing education as identified in professional development reviews.
Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer of any new criminal convictions and/or if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
e) serious traffic offences
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
How to apply
This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to complete/upload your selection criteria responses and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
The email account you provide when making job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details.
For further information contact
Nurse Unit Manager – Millbrook Rise
Phone: (03) 6166 0558
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: