Pathology Technician - Anatomical Pathology
- Pathology Technician
- Full-Time/Part-Time/Casual (job share considered), and Permanent positions available
- Based at The Royal Melbourne Hospital
The Royal Melbourne is one of Victoria’s largest hospitals providing a comprehensive range of health services including acute, sub-acute, general, and specialist medical services throughout inpatient and community based facilities. We are also a proud part of the world renowned Melbourne Biomedical Precinct, working in collaboration to advance research for continuous improvement of clinical care.
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our Anatomical Pathology team, based at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, City Campus. Full-time, part-time and casual capacity would be considered for the right cantidate/s. Hours of work are Monday-Friday between 6:30am - 615pm.
- Contribute to the Anatomical Pathology service, by assisting with Multi-disclipinary meeting preparation, archive management and external slide requests and some other light administrative duties.
- Assist with Deceased Patient Management (DPM), including necessary paperwork, body releases, co-ordination with coroner and funeral directors.
- Perform some laboratory duties including, good sreceipt, stocktake, equipment maintenance, chemical waste management.
- Experience in a public healthcare service or diagnostic pathology laboratory
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Sound communication skills, ability to prioritise, multitask and work independantly to meet deadlines
- Experience in body hanlding and release (desirable but not essential)
- A rewarding career offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement including mentorship and leadership programs.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees.
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs (That’s an additional day off every month!).
Find out more about The Royal Melbourne Hospital https://www.thermh.org.au If you have any questions or require more information, connect with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
We build teams that embrace our values – caring, excellence, integrity, respect, and unity.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: