Senior Occupational Therapist Level 3
Are you looking for a rare and exciting Occupational Therapist opportunity? This might be for you!
ParaQuad NSW is a not-for-profit organisation with almost 60 years history of being a key service provider for people with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities, and assists those we care for to live independently in the community.
The Clinical Programs Team consists of clinical nurse consultants, social work, peer support and occupational therapists providing services to people across the lifespan. ParaQuad NSW is a supportive workplace with flexible working conditions, opportunities for professional development, and participation in quality projects/research. Clinical and peer supervision available.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist (or two therapists for job-share) to join our multidisciplinary Clinical Services Team. Reporting to the Clinical Programs Coordinator you will be performing a complete range of tasks including:
- Delivery of therapeutic supports (assessments, therapy, assistive technology, environmental modifications) to address individual life participation goals;
- Provision of manual handling and care needs assessments; and
- Provision of training and education workshops.
This role will suit a highly skilled Occupational Therapist who has exceptional clinical reasoning in the areas of spinal cord injury and/or other physical disability groups. This is a challenging and diverse community-based role that is based within a respected and experienced team.
You will identify with our values of Integrity, Accountability, Reliability, Leadership and Respect, and you will ideally possess:
- Minimum of five years’ experience;
- Advanced skills in at least one of the following clinical specialties:
- Environmental modifications;
- Complex seating, wheeled mobility and other assertive technology prescription;
- Upper limb splinting and therapy; or
- Pressure injury management
- Highly developed written and verbal skills;
- Proven organisational skills and ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated collaborative working competencies within a multidisciplinary team and with clients;
- Current registration with AHPRA as a practicing occupational therapist
- Current NSW Drivers licence
- Understanding and experience of NDIS, iCare and other funding models
- Experience in quality projects or research
Benefits of working with ParaQuad include:
- Family-friendly flexible workplaces
- Excellent career and learning opportunities
- NFP salary sacrificing options
- Additional tax benefits available (meal/entertainment benefit plus Novated Leasing, plus a number of available tax benefits each FBT year)
- Conveniently located workplaces with good public transport (bus) access
- Off-street parking
Closing date: 9 am March 2, 2020
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a NFP sector, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
ParaQuad is an EEO Employer and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be required to consent to a pre-employment health assessment, reference checks and a national police check.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: