Occupational Therapist - Central Queensland
Location:All Regional Queensland > Regional QLD
Profession / Role:Healthcare & Medical > Occupational Therapy
- Do you want a role which is cutting edge and exciting?
- Are you passionate about making a difference to communities that need it the most?
- Are you looking for experience in rural/ remote settings and small niche client groups?
- Would you like to work in a multi-disciplinary Allied health team?
- Do you have a passion for learning and growth?
This is a locally owned and operated business that offers educational-based assessments and therapy, paediatric services, and community services to a wide range of clients that include Australian Educational groups, Community based groups, Disability groups and Aged Care groups.
Due to a period of high growth this business is seeking a suitably qualified professional Occupational Therapist to join their dynamic team that operates on the cutting edge of health intervention.
The successful candidate will possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, prioritisation and organisational skills including the ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and delegate.
This position is suited to support a clinician who chooses to be based in Biloela, Emerald, Gladstone or Rockhampton.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality occupational therapy services across a number of generalist clinical areas
- Working collaboratively and effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Working with culturally sensitive practices for clients to deliver quality clinical services
- Actively participating in team clinical environments to ensure that OT services are integrated, efficient and equitable for the community serviced.
- Supporting in the development and maintenance of assessment/ therapy materials to ensure the service performed is innovative and cutting edge
- Developing clinical practice knowledge and expertise through active learning within a team and by engaging in professional development activities.
How can I tell if this is for me?
- Have a tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy
- Have Membership or eligibility for AHPRA and the ability to apply for Medicare Services
- Willingness to function autonomously and as part of a team
- Willingness to participate in self development and ongoing training
- Experience in Educational, Disability and/ or Community processes is preferred but not mandatory
- Recently Registered Occupational Therapists are encouraged to apply.
- Position can be managed to suit casual, part time or full time Occupational Therapists.
- Travel is an element of this role within the outreach context.
What's in it for me?
- Plenty of variety in caseload and in clinical/ community settings
- Fantastic team of supportive clinicians and team members
- Growth and development through Supervision
- Access to extensive Professional Development to expand your skills.
If this sounds like the position for you, please click apply now.
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may also be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.For more information on scholarships and bursaries please click here.
Job ID AHHWQ 2459
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: