Administration Clerk - Admitted Administration Services
WARD CLERK – Administration Officer
Fixed Term (Maternity Leave) 48 hours per fortnight
Albury Wodonga Health –Wodonga Campus requires a Ward Clerk to join our Admitted Administrative Services team. The position of a Ward Clerk is a key role that provides reception, administrative and secretarial support to the Nurse Manager and staff within a hospital ward setting.
Primary responsibilities of this role will be to act within the context of a multidisciplinary team to:
- Provide administrative / secretarial support to the Nurse Manager and staff within the Ward / Unit.
- To act as a receptionist for patients and relatives entering the Ward / Unit.
- To assist with the processing of admissions and discharges of patients in area and act as a liaison person for medical, nursing and allied health staff.
- To liaise with doctors' rooms to make follow-up appointments and to organise diagnostic tests as directed by the Nurse Manager.
- The ability to fill holiday relief on a rotating roster, inclusive of weekends.
AWH offers full orientation and training, salary sacrifice and the opportunity to be a part of a supportive and friendly team within a growing organisation.
Candidates meeting the following mandatory criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment, and to positively contribute to team operations and working relationships
- Demonstrated competence in dealing with the public, providing high quality customer service and displaying sound communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of administration, including highly developed keyboard/data entry and computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office suite and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of health and safety issues and OH&S legislation as it relates to “Employee” and “Employer” responsibilities.
- Adaptable to change and committed to quality improvement, able to explore new ways of working in line with development of technology and service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise a busy workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work a 24/7 roster with varying shifts over a 7 day week roster.
Salary and conditions of employment will be in accordance with the (VIC) Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020.
Successful applicants will be required to complete appropriate Criminal Record Screening paperwork/processes in order for AWH to meet its obligations regarding screening for serious criminal offences (within and external to Australia). Applicants unable to commit to this screening process should not submit an application for employment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory orientation modules using the AWH e-learning system prior to commencing employment.
This is a Category B position. Successful applicants of Category A positions must provide evidence of vaccination prior to commencement.
AWH is unable to support applicants requiring sponsorship
Please refer to the Position Description (see attachments) for more details on this position and required Selection Criteria.
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please contact:
Admitted Administrative Services Manager
Mobile: 0411 053 547.
AWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Apply via this website, go to 'Apply Now' (at bottom of page) to complete the Application Form. Please ensure that each Selection Criteria is addressed. Also ensure you attach a copy of your resume (including names and contact details of two professional referees). Other documents you feel are relevant may also be attached; however this is limited to 5 documents of no greater than 2 Mega Bytes.
NB if you experience any difficulties with this website or completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this address is for enquires only and applications cannot be submitted via this email.
Applications not received via the Vic Government Careers system by the closing date will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 29/12/2019
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: