Brisbane Grove, NSW
- Hollingsworth Elders Village, Cairns
- $23.42 per hour (FTE $46,278) + 9.5% Super + Salary Packaging
Pinangba are inviting internal applications from Personal Carers to deliver exceptional care to our residents in Hollingsworth Elders Village.
Pinangba is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-led service delivery arm of UnitingCare. The foundations of Pinangba are built from our cultural identity and strong community relationships and partnerships. Pinangba operates as a branch of UnitingCare working collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across Queensland. We deliver a range of services including aged care, respite, family therapy and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
As a Personal Carer, you’ll deliver individualised support to your residents living in residential care. You’ll provide services that promote their independence, enhancing their quality of life and empowering them to spend time doing what matters! With no two days the same you’ll provide:
- Personal care and daily living activities, including showering, personal hygiene, assisting during meal times and with general mobility.
- Support to participate in community based recreational and social activities
- Transportation and assistance with shopping and appointments
We’ll look after you too:
Whether we’re on the road, in people’s homes or in our centres, everything our dedicated and passionate team of more than 8,000 people do is built on our commitment to recognising individuals while enabling independence, choice and freedom. As the largest provider in Queensland, Blue Care delivers services to over 80 communities, offering you the opportunity to take your career anywhere from Coomera to Cairns. We offer:
- Access to not-for-profit salary packaging & meals and entertainment benefits
- Flexible work arrangements supporting you to achieve work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development to support you in your role
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
Your skills and experience:
You’ll be passionate about making a difference and bringing empathy and compassion to your resident’s lives. You’ll be driven to improve their independence and well-being, attentively providing the support outlined in their care plan. You’ll be a well-organised, self-starter with a willingness to adapt to changing priorities within your week and work independently to achieve your daily plan. You’ll demonstrate:
- Certificate III Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability Support
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate or willing to obtain
- Confidence with smart phones and digital devices or willingness to learn
- Confidence to satisfy the relevant probity checks required by legislation or policies.
Ready to work together? To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: