Clinical Psychologist/ Psychologist (Part Time)
UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES
Position Announcement: Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Psychology Registrar or Psychologist (Part-Time Contractor)
University of New South Wales (UNSW) School of Psychology
We are seeking a Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Psychology Registrar or clinically trained Psychologist to join our caring, supportive, and passionate team. The contractor position is part-time (number of days negotiable) for a fixed term (one year with potential to renew). The clinician will be primarily situated in our state-of-the-art clinic facilities at the Parent-Child Research Clinic located on the Kensington campus of the University of New South Wales. The job offers flexibility and independence, administrative support, access to professional development resources, and access to individual and group supervision with a board-approved supervisor, all within a supportive University-based work environment.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct individual treatment sessions with families of young children with clinically significant disruptive behaviour using standard, enhanced, or internet-delivered Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT).
- Conduct group-based early intervention sessions with parents/caregivers of young children.
- Conduct high quality, comprehensive psychological assessments.
- Assist with administrative and research activities related to clinical practice, as required.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and taking all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited postgraduate program;
- Current full registration as a Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Psychology Board (or registration application submitted for Clinical Psychology Registrars);
- Proven clinical skills in delivering evidence-based treatments for child behavioural problems, and behavioural parent training interventions for child conduct problems in particular;
- Interest and willingness to train in PCIT and its adaptations (i.e., Internet delivered; enhanced for children with limited prosocial emotions—age inappropriate levels of guilt/empathy, insensitivity to punishment);
- Interest and willingness to train in Helping Our Toddlers, Developing Our Children’s Skills (HOTDOCS) group-based universal parenting intervention;
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Professional indemnity insurance;
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
- AHPRA endorsement as a clinical psychologist (opportunity for clinical supervision for registrar program in Clinical psychology);
- Training and experience delivering Parent-Child Interaction Therapy; clinicians will receive intensive training and supervision in delivering PCIT treatment (where appropriate);
- Previous research experience with children and/or families.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and CV to:
Eva Kimonis, Associate Professor, UNSW School of Psychology, Email: [email protected]
PRE-EMPLOYMENT CHECKS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Working with Children Check Clearance
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: