Child Mental Health Clinician
Canberra Airport, ACT
Job Number : 28881 Type and Location : Child & Adolescent / ACT Listed By : CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn on 10 Oct 2019 Child Mental Health Clinician Required for the Next Step Program Are you a committed child mental health clinician? Do you want to support those families who can't afford to access paid services? Come and be part of the Next Step Program in the Child Team! Exciting opportunity to work for one of Canberra's largest community sector organisations. The Next Step program provides psychological interventions to adults and children experiencing mental health issues. The child team offers assessment and treatment of children with common mental health difficulties using predominately a cognitive behavioural approach applied in a systemic context. CatholicCare are looking for enthusiastic clinicians to work with children in their Next Step Program. We are looking for clinicians who have expertise working with children under 12 and their families. Applicants looking for full time or part time positions will be considered. The Role The key responsibilities for the Mental Health clinician will be to provide therapeutic interventions to children with mental health issues and their families. Clinicians will be required to work a predominantly CBT informed approach, utilising flexible modes of delivery to engage children. If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people's lives and be a part of this ground-breaking program, we want to hear from you! What we offer Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a new and innovative program. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, and professional development in a family friendly environment. About us CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration. Selection Criteria The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Relevant accreditation including one of the following; 1) General Registration with APHRA as a psychologist, both generally registered psychologists and clinical psychologists; 2) accreditation as a mental health social worker with AASW, 3) a credentialed mental health nurse with ACMHN; 4) a Better Access to Mental Health endorsed Occupational Therapist.
- Experience working in the mental health sector with children.
- Commitment to delivering evidence-based practice.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Attach an updated resume
- Include covering Letter (no more then one page)
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: