Job Number : 28988 Type and Location : Psychologist / ACT Listed By : CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn on 21 Oct 2019 Mental Health Clinicians Join a team of clinicians working in an exciting and innovative mental health program
- An Australian first; make history by being part of this inaugural program!
- Develop your CBT skills to ensure they mirror those used in research trials and help transform lives
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Full Time and/or Part Time positions
- Based in ACT
Exciting opportunity to work for one of Canberra's largest community sector organisations. The Next Step program provides psychological interventions to adults and children experiencing mental health issues. Due to the overwhelming demand for this service, we are looking to expand the team. The program is based on the Improving Access to Psychological Therapy initiative in the UK. It provides treatments identified in the international Cochrane Reviews as evidence based and as such provides CBT via disorder specific models. There is an initial 12 month training and supervision programme which allows clinicians to develop significant expertise in working within this framework. CatholicCare is pioneering an Australian first program and has seen overwhelming demand by the public for this service. As such we are expanding our team of clinicians for this program, called Next Step. We have positions available for clinicians who are looking to develop their skills and expertise in delivering CBT via disorder specific models to adults and young people. The Role
The key responsibilities for the Mental Health clinician will be to provide therapeutic interventions to adults and young people with mental health issues. Clinicians will be required to work from the CBT approach described in the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies framework. Staff receive 12 months of training and ongoing supervision in this model. If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people's lives and be a part of this ground-breaking program- we want to hear from you! What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a new and innovative program. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, and professional development in a family friendly environment. About us
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration. Selection Criteria
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing or Occupational Therapy (plus mental health accreditation endorsing the provision of psychological interventions).
- Registration with APHRA or Membership with AASW.
- Experience working in the mental health sector with adults and young people.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to manage risk.
- Commitment to delivering evidence based practice.
- Willingness to reflect on, review and challenge current practice and an openness to change and develop.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
Contact Details To apply you must:
- Address each Selection Criteria above
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check. To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
Please send your applications to: For more information or to apply please visit: www.catholiccare.cg.org.au Closing Date: 15 November 2019 CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn is committed to equal opportunity in employment, and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.